my favorite snack recipe.
Lately, I’ve been craving the sweetness of fruits and anything that crunches between my teeth. However, long before I was pregnant, one of my all-time favorite treats has been anything caramel apple flavored. This recipe combines my childhood favorites with my current pregnancy cravings and I couldn’t be more in love 🙂
One of the best things about this recipe is that it only involves three ingredients (although, sometimes I add chocolate chunks as a fourth if I’m feeling real crazy lol!). But, not only is it low on ingredients, it takes almost ZERO time to whip up! I’ve made this and taken it over as a contribution for dinner parties or events and it always gets rave reviews. Lately, though, I’ve been making a bowl of it on the weekends and then snacking on it all week long 🙂 Maybe not the healthiest, but I figure I could be doing a lot worse!
caramel apple dip.
– 16 oz. cream cheese, softened – I use the 1/3 fat cream cheese, but I won’t judge if you use the real deal 😉
– 1 bag of toffee bits – You can find these in the baking section of the grocery store along with the chocolate chips!
– 1 jar of caramel, room temperature
- In a medium bowl, mix together softened cream cheese, 1/4 cup toffee bits and half the jar of caramel (this is when I also add the chocolate chunks if I’m using them).
- Using a spatula, transfer the mixture to a bowl (I use one of my Pyrex mixing bowls which comes with a lid for easy storage in the fridge).
- Pour remaining caramel over the top of mixture.
- Cover caramel layer with toffee bits.
Serve with Granny Smith apple slices and enjoy!